About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mom of three (ages 7, 5, and 3). I was diagnosed with type 1 (juvenile) diabetes at 19 during my sophomore year at college. I hope you check in on us to read about the craziness and adventures of living, loving, and mothering with diabetes.

Monday, November 9, 2009

November, D-blog Day, and some Halloween

November. It’s Diabetes Awareness Month, today is D-blog day, November 14th is World Diabetes Day, and this month also happens to be my diaversery (anniversary of my diagnosis).


The month started off bad... hours and hours of back and forth with insurance and the mail-in pharmacy about getting my insulin to me. (After crying to one person, I actually had to threaten that without insulin I would die, so they needed to figure something out.) SO frustrating! Anyway, insulin finally arrived before I ran out of it, fortunately.


It’s during those moments I hate this disease. Crying on the phone, hoping my kids don’t run into the room and see me in tears. Trying to keep it together while inside I feel so helpless, frustrated, scared, and just angry. This isn’t how I want to spend my day or my life, so I try not to let myself stay there for long. But from time to time it is how I feel.


My week with diabetes got better. Sunday Luke, the kids, and I went to the San Diego JDRF walk. We walked with the UCSD Diabetes and Pregnancy Program group which consisted of two other moms with diabetes and my amazing nurse who helped me through all three of my pregnancies. It is just a postitive, hopeful, and uplifting event. And pushing all three of my babies felt like sweet success.




1 comment:

~Suzanne~ said...

Oh, I am so sorry you had such a rough start to your week!! Sometimes, we can only handle so much...

On another note, your kids are the cutest things ever!!! Oh my goodness, they are just adorable!

I hope this week has been much much better!! I'm thinking about you!