About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mom of three (ages 7, 5, and 3). I was diagnosed with type 1 (juvenile) diabetes at 19 during my sophomore year at college. I hope you check in on us to read about the craziness and adventures of living, loving, and mothering with diabetes.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Some days...

Some days suck.  Like today when my breakfast food arrived and I went to take my insulin and my pump read “NO DELIVERY.”


I packed up my breakfast in a to-go box and after everyone had finished eating I went home to change my pump.


My blood sugar went from 118 to 327 in two hours without any food.


Now here I sit hungry, writing, and waiting for my blood sugar to return to a normal level so that I can eat my cold breakfast.


Some days just suck.


3 comments:

Kammy said...

:(
hope you feel better!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Major suckage! That is no fun at all.

greta ott said...

I am sorry you had a sucky day!